Video: Anson Hu composes on the spot, a 'graduation song' for graduates on CCTV's [Graduation Song ceremony]

June 11th, 2012 - Anson Hu was invited by CCTV to perform as a guest in the [ Graduation Song Ceremony 畢業歌典禮 ]. Anson performs his encouragement song < 我的未來不是夢 | wo de wei lai bu shi meng (My Future Is Not A Dream) >, and then writes lyrics and composes a graduation song on stage for the ceremony.


Here are the lyrics that Anson wrote for the graduation song, and he posted it on his weibo (microblog).

Graduation Song
I finally graduated
The cafeteria we ate at for four years, good-bye
I finally graduated
I have to throw away my four years of books
I finally can step into the society
I can now fight towards my dream
I finally left the school buidling
My brothers and sisters-like classmates, good-bye

That heartless smile can now be put away
That irresponsible running can now be slowed down
My great ideal has been grinded by reality
My arrogant confidence no longer belongs to me
My brothers and sister-like classmates, how are you?
That year, we graduated.
----


Although the official version of the [Graduation Song Ceremony] hasn't been aired, here are the fan video clips of the ceremony (sound and picture quality are excellent). Anson does a spectacular job with his improvisation skills once again!



1. Anson sings
< 我的未來不是夢 | wo de wei lai bu shi meng (My Future Is Not A Dream) >
(Tudou 4:19)
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/qnsVqFQjyfU

Official version with just the song
(Sina 4:40)
http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/79967073-1724154007.html

He briefly says this before the song:
Anson: My Future Is Not a Dream, I hope that all those teenagers with dreams, will have their wish come true, and hope that they will sing forever!



2. Anson improvises and song writes on the spot!
(Tudou 6:02)
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/kZh8XFbJMUg

Official version with just the song
(CNTV 2:15)
http://music.cntv.cn/2012/06/14/VIDE1339662242302326.shtml

Official entire Anson performance 
(CNTV on Youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94hp_GJbNFM&list=PLE276DDE5BEB6C7D5&index=1&feature=plpp_video


Translation of entire dialogue between Anson and host(s):
Anson: I sat over there and wrote song lyrics. Don't I have to sing it?
Host: Okay, first I am going to read what he wrote, can I?
Anson: Of course!
Host: (He reads some of the lyrics, see above) How about you read it yourself? The lyrics are very....
Anson: (He reads lyrics, see above)
Host: Shouldn't throw away books like garbage! We can actually save those books so more people can re-use them, it's called recycling!
Anson: Every year there are changes to books, we have to keep up to date!
Host: Actually the last lines of lyrics actually made me feel touched!
Host2: That's why we can all understand why you didn't graduate! They didn't allow you to graduate because you have always wanted to throw away your books!
Host: From this, we can hear the students hatred for their books. It's like four years of eating at the cafeteria, we're finally gone, and we are leaving! It feel like that type of feeling! Actually, I am just kidding! The real emotions felt by graduates are very complicated!
Anson: Yes
Host: There are a thousand graduates, and within their hearts there are a thousand graduate songs. Come how about you perform...
Anson: Are there any instruments here?
Host: No
Anson: How about the music teacher? Can you help me? Can you give 1345, whatever key, C major is good.
Host: any key is good, slowly, huh!
Anson: Can you slow it down.....
Host: If you're too fast he can't think!
Anson: I read this while I sing?

Anson sings.....
Host sings chrous... 
(See the lyrics above)

Host2: One actually graduated not long ago, and another actually graduated a long long time ago. This is a perfect duo!
Anson: I am actually very envy of the host. The host can actually interact with the whole world. Then a song writer is writing for self only.
Host: Thank you. However, once your work has been created, your music represents the interaction with the whole world. There is probably one person somewhere that you have never noticed, but they are singing your song, that type of happiness feeling is very difficult to describe. Hope to present this type of happy feeling to those who are learning about music. Hope that one day, there will be someone singing your work, you will truly feel happy.
Anson: I have a lot of things to say to graduates. I think that for every music student, they can actually take music as their faith. We can happily sing, and I believe you can sing for the rest of your life, do you think you can? I think you guys can! Do not ever give up on your dream, it's because our road of life isn't very straight, but rather it's like a musical wave. It has it's high and low points. I hope that people will always have a pure heart that loves music, and will continue to love music forever for the rest of your life.
Host2: There are a lot of students that will continue on with their studies, or to take on a musical road to success.
Host: Let's sing our heart out of this ceremony. Let's give a random key, 135, and let's just sing a run down!! Thank you Anson!
Anson: Thank you, we'll talk later!






More photos: Photos: Anson Hu on CCTV's [Graduation Song] Ceremony


Source: http://ent.cn.yahoo.com/ypen/20120611/1104020.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments - it encourages me! Please write something...