News: Anson Hu accepts Exclusive Interview from Phoenix New Media


September 19, 2011 - recently signed with a new master, Anson Hu has just released his new attitude product <Who Cares?> in Beijing, and will be holding another press conference in October 22 for his concert. Anson Hu comes back with a fresh start: a bit less of the childish side, but instead, a more confident and mature man. After the conference, Anson Hu accepted an exclusive interview from Phoenix New Media, and he talks to us about his journey of 10 years- his musical history.



New album is ironic, "Who Cares?" about quality music in musical industry

Went to study in United States, signed with a new master, and today, with a new album, Anson says: "Along the way- for me is like precipitation. A decade of star road and I experienced a lot; many times I would hurry and go straight ahead, and to anxiously rush because I want to do the best. When you are like this, you would lose sight of beautiful scenery. When I had the chance to go to United States, it was quite a luxury for me, and I did it. If you want to do music, you have to go and experience life. If you are busy with everything and there is no time for you to think, you will not know what you are going to write."

Hiding out for 2 years, Anson comes back with attitude and the creation <Who Cares?>. For this new album, there is a lot of controversy. Some people say: Anson has wandered off with his music; others say: this creation does not cater to the music market, and is rare. To face the controversy, Anson says it as a joke: "Who Cares." In fact, this is the confidence of his own music. Speaking of the music market industry, Anson Hu speaks without reservation: "<Who Cares?> wants to express the irony of the present Chinese musical industry. In the end, how many out there still care about quality music? Most musicians use their eyes to produce music, and whatever their eyes see as trendy, they would cut off their ears and write music. Back in time, Lo Da-You 羅大佑 and Jonathan Lee 李宗盛 would write at least a thousand words for each song, so why did they write them?" For the new album name <Who Cares?>, Anson says "In fact, this is a pun. In English pronunciation, 'who' sounds like 'Hu,' so I want to tell you that, 'Hu Cares,' and this is the reason why I have been away for 2 years.


Blessed to have group of supportive fans; Thanks Ning Cai-Shen and Angela An for support

With the new album, <Who Cares?>, Anson Hu has tried many new musical elements, self-directed 5 MVs, and invited Ning Cai-Shen 寧財神 and Angela An 安又琪 to work together. The lead single <LIFE> talks about Anson's studies in New York as a starting point, then reviews back to his 10 years of musical history. For his first attempt at rap and to be able to dance with a female dancer, Anson says it's all fresh, and when asked to score himself, Anson says "I better leave scoring to others; I am better at scoring others, and I will not be very generous to myself." 10 years since debut, Anson expresses: "In these 10 years, I would have had a much more meaningful and rich experiences than people my age, and everyday I would meet different people, see many different places, and would be very open-minded. However, I think the best thing to have in my life, is to have a bunch of friends who want to hear my songs, they make me feel like singing is a very blessed type of thing."

This time, for collaboration, Ning Cai-Shen wrote lyrics for 3 of Anson's songs, and although many fans gave mixed review for his debut work, Anson Hu supports his friend and says: "Good things will not speak first, I like Ning Cai-Shen's lyrics, and his lyrics give me a lot of inspiration." His friend Angela An starred in his new MV <Lisa I Love You>, which caused bursts of screaming at his press conference, since her "special" performance left an impression on people. Towards the question of what the song is trying to convey, Anson answers: "Actually, it can be summarized with six words: he loves her, and she loves her. There are a lot of people in this society that are like this, I don't want to comment too much on it, as I think love is selfless." Angela An does a daring act in the MV, and Anson bluntly says: "I suggested it. Then after she saw the results, she was very satisfied with it, and thanked me for a chance to be "re-born" again. Also I am very thankful of her support."


Hopeful for Moraynia Liu to find her own position; musicians should treat their own music well

Anson Hu and Moraynia Liu 劉忻 had collaborated in the song <Beautiful Women 紅顏|Hong Yan> recently (See post here), and had attracted a rise of Internet buzz. Anson says: "I think Moraynia Liu is a very domineering player on stage, and my collaboration with her was cool. Actually, I would like to thank her for the support; she was the one who had asked me to collaborate with her since she liked my song. I feel that Moraynia Liu can control the stage with her ability; she has a personal charm, even though she ended up as a second runner-up. Actually, I have dedicated a microblog entry to her, despite not writing her name, but many of my fans can tell. I think that in order to become famous, it is not based solely on stage performance, and she has a long road ahead. There might be a time of emptiness, but when she finds her place in the future, she will be better.

This year marks the end of the Super Girl competition, and when asked about where music industry will get their "energy" in the future, Anson says: "I think the platform is very much like a game, there is competition, there is network, etc, and depending on what the Chinese audience would like, I think good music will be there. If you want to change the audiences taste, well, right now the audience is fed whatever they want, that's why when musicians are given a chance, we should really treat our own music well.


Source: http://yue.ifeng.com/neidiliuxing/detail_2011_09/19/9306607_0.shtml

1 comments:

I love Anson Hu's voice. Love you from Anta TheSinger , Thailand.

Post a Comment

I love comments - it encourages me! Please write something...