Video interview: Anson Hu Talks Filming Prospects with Letv!

November 23, 2011 (Aired date: Nov 21, 2011) - Anson Hu accepts an exclusive interview with Letv.com 樂視娛樂.

Snippets of the interview were presented in the beginning along with the narrator. I won't be translating that because Anson will eventually repeat everything again later!


Anson's dialogue only: 

Hello to all Letv audience and friends, my name is Anson hu!

Introduction to his new album.
My recent released album is called <Who Cares?>, and it has been 2 years since another release. This album has many different styles and music elements. I completed the whole album in New York and I put a lot of thought and energy into. I call this album: my attitude creation. Each and every song talks about teenage thinking. The speciality of this album is the attitude and the different viewpoints presented. I also jokingly tell everyone that this is the new societal attitude, and I feel that there is a certain power in music to present this.

I am not exaggerating, but I spent 1.36 million dollars (Yuan) and people ask me: who is still brave enough to spend this much on their album? Musicians and people call me crazy since people usually think that others should really care about their return and income. For us musicians, there is always a goal and an ideal. Producing good music is very important. It's like holding a fist to speak. Sometimes no matter how well you are able to convey it, it's not useful. The most important part is that you can actually speak it out! That's why to a musician: quality music is the key.


<女人不該讓男人流淚 Women Should Not Let Men Cry>
The song talks about the situation in a relationship: it is always the men who is wrong. I felt that is unfair and unreasonable. I can use an analogy to describe it. If a men has many girls, he would be described as playboy, but if a girl has many guys, the world to describe the girl would sound really bad. Are you saying that guys don't want to feel secure or want a home? I feel that this song can represent many guys.

I get a lot of inspiration from a quiet and dynamic type of environment. An example would be: sitting in a car but the car is moving. Or like sitting on plane. The plane is moving, but I am not. Then it would allow me a lot of room to think and to imagine.


<Life>
I was on a subway, a bus, a coffee shop, and in a park when I wrote this song. I felt that the noisy sounds in society would make us feel like we want to compose.


What Anson regards as Style.
Everyone has their own style. When you think about Jacky Cheung, he is always the king of love songs. Despite that he once had a messed up hair look and he does a bit of dancing, the image that pops up is the king of love songs. As musicians, we shouldn't be too greedy, we should do the best at our talent and it should be enough. Alan Luo is the best at dancing, that is why his dance songs are always his best. The audience always has their own right to select what they want.

I did a concert last time and I did a free-styled dance on stage. I felt that my fans were happy about it, but we all know that I was playing around. They all know what I am better at doing.


Anson ventures in film making!
I am fascinated with movies and I want to try it. I did use my MVs as a test, that is why all my MVs are self-directed. If I become a director one day, I don't think will ever be acting because I find it hard to multi-task. If I did both directing and acting together, it would be really hard to catch the main point.

My very first movie would probably be a teenager movie, I would not want start off doing something so old! We are talking about the production process now. That's why I can't discuss with you now. This is my first time as director and I don't have too much experience. I am looking for actors who are willing to cooperate and to give more time to me, like maybe 1-2 months. If those actors keep on running around, it would drive me crazy!


The coming 2012 for Anson.
Isn't Letv.com doing mini-film productions? I recently received many invititions to these mini-film productions. I am interested in it. If you're interested you can look for me! Haha

In 2012, my biggest wish is to finish filming my first movie. It's like, for movies, I like to do background work. People find it stupid, but I find it a lot of fun. However, I will never forget about music. When we talk about music, people are used to my voice and my production. I would not want to be like Jay Chou who will participate in filming movies. I am the type of person to do every step of the music production.




Source/Video Link:
http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/1410642.html

1 comments:

wow he spent so much on his album?
and here I thought that his MVs was low budget
plus he writes most of his songs so some money saved there =D

Post a Comment

I love comments - it encourages me! Please write something...