ATTENTION: Anson Hu is now also known as Tiger Hu!!!!!!!

November 7th, 2012 (Dec 1st) -


Tiger Hu is 胡彦斌 Hu Yanbin's new English name.

This change/addition is effective after he released his 8th new album ‘大一號 GROW.’
Hu Yanbin now prefers to call himself 'Tiger' instead of 'Anson.'


Chinese name: 胡彦斌 (Hu Yanbin) 
English names: Tiger Hu | Anson Hu





Why suddenly a new English name??


An official document was released by Hu Yanbin's manager, Chen Jiong, explaining his new 2012 album and his name preference:

Translation of the photo:
Tiger
Ten years ago, Hong Kong manager from Gold Typhoon, PACO, brought Hu Yanbin to Hong Kong and gave him an English name called Anson. This name has been used for 10 years. When a baby is born, their name is given by their parents, but Hu Yanbin wanted to give himself the right to name himself. Hu Yanbin's friends all call him '老胡 lao hu', and he wants to be called that too. In 2011, his Beijing Concert was called "Tiger Roars." To someone who has a lot of musical power, Hu Yanbin chooses 'Tiger' as his new name, since it's more like himself.

-- From: PDF released by chenjiong "Hu Yanbin Da Yi Hao Album Document"





Evidence?


ONE: During Hu Yanbin's 29th birthday (July 4th, 2012), he signed up for online dating to look for a future partner, and he served as the advocate for Baihe.com. During that time, he signed up with an account with the name, 'Tiger.'




TWO: Staring on November 6th, 2012, after Tiger (Anson Hu) & GROW Album Launch Party, many news source had his name as "胡彦斌 Tiger."








THREE: I took a photo of the slip cover inside his new album. Guess what I see? MV director: 胡彦斌 Tiger Hu.

Besides that, I just realized that they used the Simplified Chinese form "胡彦斌" on the Taiwan version, instead of Traditional Chinese form "胡彥斌." (Notice the small difference?)




FOUR: He holds China's one and only Axient ksm9 model microphone in his hand. Bling bling - look what it says! Tiger. :O














New style = New album = New name!

His new album shows transition from a Mainland King of R&B to a Rock Star...

Anson Hu is the R&B, ballad, and Chinese-style king.

The new Tiger Hu is the leader of the band GROWit's ONE SIZE BIGGER, and the ROCK version of Anson Hu. << This is the style Hu Yanbin now prefers.



The name 'Anson' links with music from debut to 10 years, and
the new name, 'Tiger' links with music from now and future years.






We are now: Tiger Anson Hu International Fans

 [ Blog name: Tiger Hu (Anson Hu) International ]
Especially since it's been a decade with the name Anson Hu,
it constitutes 10 out of 11 of his official albums, 90% of all his works.

Search Anson Hu for his old work, and Tiger Hu for his new work!

In order to unite all his fans, we are called "Tiger Anson Hu International Fans"








Thank You.

6 comments:

@Toilet: wow, so many 'O's ...hehe it's off my page.

It might be even harder for you because you've known him for 10 years.

Did you know that I've been pretty stressed for about 5 days all together about his new name??

I've thought and thought about it, and I spent so much time writing this post that it's not even funny.

I'm like drowning in sadness because I actually did love the name Anson, a lot, and it really suits him. T___T

If you read this comment, you will notice that it's so much different from the one you read before. :P I wonder if you'll read it again, hehe. I read it like 10 million times now, I feel a bit better xD

@Denise: Hehe sorry I messed up your page! xP
I was just too shocked when I read it!!!

Yeah I notice the difference, it's a better layout. Probably because my OOO's got in the way so you had to change it?

Might call him "A-T" like in "ay" "tee"
It all sounds weird Dx so hard to accept!!! 10 years that's 1/3 of his life he's been called Anson!!! T~T

I think I'll end up calling him Anson, I'm too set in my ways to change now xD

@Toilet: Sorry, I really had to erase your comment because it's stopping your new comment from popping out!

I've changed the content for the last time. I think it's the best for our interest and for his interest.

"You can call him 'Anson,' 'Tiger', or both 'Tiger-Anson' as an International fan!
Both are still legit and recognized."

No worries, I am making myself happy by calling him Tiger-Anson and by changing my post over 5 times.. boy am I obsessed....

I finally changed it to the point that I am happy with it. I teared up when I wrote

"To us, Hu Yanbin is both the old Anson Hu and the new Tiger Hu.
He can change his name a 3rd time and we will acknowledge everything that he is.

Our blog name has been changed to "Anson Hu (Tiger Hu) International,"
to acknowledge the addition of a 'new' name. "

T______T I'm not getting over it anymore than you are...

@Denise: Hehe no problem about the comment I can still post it again without so many oooo's

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... still feeling sad about it!!! *cries*

Cool feature underneath the chatbox by the way, so I can see if I need to reply to any comments keke

Tiger... maybe Anson is trying to do a Snoop Dog or Snoop Lion I can never keep up to date with his name! Let's hope this is the last time Anson does this! =(

“I also noticed that the rest of the Chinese is in Traditional Chinese while his name remains as: 胡彦斌 which is Simplified Chinese.”

His name "胡彦斌" actually has same characters in both Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.

@Anonymous: you're not right! :P His name "胡彦斌" is Simplified, and "胡彥斌" is the Traditional. There is only a slight difference in the middle character. Do you notice it? ;)

Aside from that, he just left his name in simplified form despite being released as a Traditional character Taiwan version.

Post a Comment

I love comments - it encourages me! Please write something...