Anson Hu Album: 大一號 GROW | dà yī hào (One Size Bigger)

China/Taiwan version (Cover)
(Back)
Anson's personal message translated below
裏面有你們喜歡的我,也有我喜歡的我!
" Inside this album there's the 'me' that you like, and the 'me' that I like. " - - Anson Hu.

More album photos: here




Album: 大一號 GROW | dà yī hào (One Size Bigger)
Online Release Date: 2012.10.18
Release Dates: 2012.10.29 (Taiwan Version), 2012.11.15 (China Version)
Language: Mandarin
Records: 華納音樂 Warner Music Group | 樂華圓娛 Yue Hua Entertainment 
Genre: China Pop | Ballad | Rock
-----







Album name and cover explained:

The cover writes '大一號':
The black brush stroke across the cover writes the Chinese character '一,' and with Anson standing with legs wide apart, he makes '人.' Added together they write the character '大.' Behind Anson, there is the Chinese character "號."

The first meaning of '大一號':
'大一號' translated to English literally means 'one size bigger,' or 'a little bigger.' Anson explains that his official band name is 'GROW' (his band consists of 3 other members); dreams need to get bigger, music needs to be louder, and everything needs to grow in size. To reflect this, Anson's new outfit and make up has been largely exaggerated.

The second meaning of '大一號':
Simplified Chinese is the official written language in Mainland China. The album name, and especially the word '號,' is released in Traditional form with a purpose. Taking apart the word '號,' we have '号' and '虎.'  '号' is the simplified Chinese character of '號.' '虎' in pinyin is 'hǔ,' which is the pronunciation of Anson's surname, and it translates to 'tiger' in English.

Taking the pinyin of '大一號,' we have 'dà yī hào' which also sounds like '大一吼' meaning 'loudly screaming.' Which animal loudly screams? Tigers, lions.....and remember who's the tiger, Anson! Look at his album cover, doesn't he look like he's screaming his quality music at you? ;)


'GROW' has another meaning other than producing an obnoxious sound:
 "Growing" in size is to emphasize the enlargement of dreams and quality,
being 'One size bigger' isn't a natural born quality, it's a process of "growth,
says Tiger Anson. ;) 

-- From: PDF released by chenjiong "Hu Yanbin Da Yi Hao Album Document"


Seriously, how much creativity and how many meanings can you put into an album cover? Anson certainly has that all covered. :)



New English name: Tiger Hu

With the release of his 8th album, he announced preference for a new English name, Tiger. He is now known as Anson Hu, Tiger Hu, and Tiger Anson Hu. Read more about it here



Anson's letter released by the media:

As someone who has done a decade of music, I know how to play with music to make myself even more HIGH, just like how men always know what they want best. Of course, I know what you all like! As a professional musician, we need to know what others want, and men always want to work with that experience.

You don't believe me? Give me a try, let's make a bet: If the record company hired me to increase the performance of the company, I would write a couple of these "saliva songs (popular songs that have a simple rhythm and are easy to sing to), " so people can sing along to. To do commercialized music, every song will top the music charts. I can do it today, it won't be worth mentioning in the future. Because I know what you like, having keen observations of the music market and the ability to write life compositions is a must-have. Of course, to make music is also dependent on my current mood. The songs from the first half of my album is dedicated to you, it's the "me" that you all like.

The second half of the album is left for myself: If I want to play it the classy way, I can write music that you won't understand, that's what you call art, and with a "only for appreciation" label on it. Of course I wouldn't do that. My wish is to be my true self, to play with rock, and electronic music. I want to be in a world of music that I can constantly overthrow myself, and to make myself suffer until the song makes my heart beat with it.

I like to compose by myself, and then share it with a bunch of people when I am done. Often enough, my friends and family won't hear at first instance because most of my productions are finished during the night. One of my favourite speakers are my car's speakers. It doesn't matter what time, I can always blast my new productions at Shanghai's highways, or Beijing's circle lanes, and as one person I can enjoy my own music with the city's atmosphere. Finally, when I completed this album, I put the "me" that you all like, and the "me" that I like in front of you, I'm at ease.


-- From Hinews,cn "Anson Hu's new album exposed, with his personal letter" 





Introduction:

Anson Hu's 2012 new album "大一號" is DOUBLE the size with double leading tracks:

Anson's ballad lead track "愛情是怎麼了" is a song written from a female's perspective: when you're in love, you need to give attention and care to the girl who loves you.

And his other rock lead track, "劫後餘生" takes the guitar as his source of inspiration. Everyone loved Anson's "男人KTV (Men's Karaoke)", but there's also another rocker-style in his heart that you didn't know about.



YesAsia Editorial Description:

Anson Hu is One Size Bigger in rocker mode! Connecting with his muse via the guitar, the all-round singer-songwriter has assembled a band of top musicians from Shanghai and Beijing in the recording studio to ensure that every instrument is best represented on his latest album. The main plug "What's up with Love" (Track 1) is a beautiful ballad about the complex feelings of a woman in love, written by Anson from a female perspective. On the contrary, the other main plug "Surviving the Disaster" (Track 9) is a powerful rock number showcasing in broad strokes men's unflinching attitude in front of responsibilities. The 12-track album also includes Anson's electronic-dance remake of Alan Tam's 80s hit "Karaoke Forever" (Track 3).




Song notes:

1. Anson especially wrote the songs "江湖再見" and "我以為" for the Mainland ancient-comedy series as the theme and sub song for 龍門鏢局. Ning Caishen 寧財神 is Anson's good friend and is the script writer for the series. They collaborated together for 3 songs in Anson's last album, Who Cares?, and it was Ning Caishen's first time writing lyrics.

2. "卡啦永遠OK" is a Mandarin cover for the original Cantonese song sang by Alan Tam 譚詠麟.

3. "心的未来" is a theme song composed for [ 11th Annual Beijing International Auto Show Green Show 第十一届北京國際車展 ]. He first composed and first performed it in 2010, but the song was never official recorded until this present album.

4. "三十而立" is a song Anson especially wrote for himself as a birthday present. The single was first released on his birthday (July 4th, 2012). He wanted to challenge himself and to compose a song entirely of his own efforts. Singing, lyrics, composition, arrangement, production, recording, mixing, and recording studio are all under his name.


Tracks: (China / Taiwan Version) (Click song title for lyrics + translation)

#
Title

Pinyin
English Translation (Temp).
01

ai qíng shì zěn me le
02

wǒ yǐ wéi
03

kǎ la yǒng yuǎn ok
04

zài yī qǐ
05

jiāng hú zài jiàn
06
xīn de wèi lái

07
Interlude

08
yáo gǔn tiān shēng dà yī hào

09

jié hòu yú shēng
10

chén mò de dà duō shù
11

sān shí ér lì
12
dà mèng xiǎng jiā



Listen to album online (96kbps) > QQ, 1Ting, KuwoBaidu, Youtube
Stream from various Chinese websites.

Download album >
(VBR) Ihonhon.com | Tinydl.com
(320kbps) Mediafire.com
For promotional purposes only. Please remove within 24 hours. Thank you. 
I do not own/host files, please consult original source.

Music lovers support their idols! 
Purchase a copy at Yesasia.com >  Taiwan version / China version
台灣的親:Warnermusic Store 



17 comments:

Love all tracks from Anson Hu's New Album !!!!!
Anson is very amazing !!!!
Let's rock !!! Rawrrrrr~~ \m/

@ Fern : thank you for your lovely comment!!!!~~~~

I was trying to choose my "favourite song" from this album. I think I just ended up with 5 favourite songs!!!! T_T

MAN, I gotta love Anson Hu....

我以為, 在一起, 江湖再見 this 3 is just AMAZING *for me..really repeated infinitely this 3 song..I LOVE it <3

大夢想家的旋律似乎跟nickleback的this afternoon雷同?!

@ siao xing: The 3 songs that you mentioned seem to fan favourites right now!~~~ Thank you for sharing!!


@ 張紘嘉: 我發現很多rock的歌曲都有某一種相似度。。大夢想家的旋律很大眾化。。。 我還覺得像另外一首歌。。

really lookin fowrad for full album lyrics+translation, can't wait to sing together when listen to Anson song :P...I really LOVE this album all the song is enjoyable <3

@siao xing: thank you so much for your comments, they're very encouraging! I finished translating all the songs, you can check them out now!

Anson really put a lot of thought and effort into all his compositions, each and every song is like his baby. :) He's very happy to have listeners that appreciate this music. Thank you!

thank you so much for translating all the song..(*^__^*)~
and YES I always LOVE Anson's song :]..always looking forward for his works..Jia You!!!

@siao xing: you're very welcome!!~~

Did you used to follow his music before?

@blogmaster-DeniseJF: first song that I hear from anson is nan ren KTV, after that I start to search about anson, and start to like his works, I bought his CD too <3...till now, if anson has a new album I always heared it..his song really ear candy..I love it so much, spc his voice =^^=~
btw thank you so much for making this blogspot, I'm happy found this blog and really looking forward for your works for anson too Jiayou!! \(^^)9

lol i must be getting old if i prefer his older songs to this new album, it's not bad.. just not my cup of tea XD thanks for the share and for all the hard work ^^

@cindy a: I'm proud of you, you're a real fan!! Nan Ren KTV is the first song I heard from him too! Yes, I'm the leader for Anson (Tiger Hu) International and I'm known by his fans in China because I am an admin for his Chinese forum too. We welcome you to our big family!~~ I'm a frequent updater, and there are other fans who like to leave comments too, feel free express your thoughts, always happy to hear from you!

@Anonymous: You're never too old for any type of music, Tiger-Anson changed his style to rock :P Some find it harder to accept. To us, it doesn't matter what he sings, it's still him and his voice is still there :)

@bmaster-DeniseJF Thank You so much for welcoming me too..really happy & appreciate that <3 my name is cindy, and I used siao_xing for nickname too..renshi ni hen gaoxing *^^*

Hi Cindy: I could tell by the way you wrote the message, I knew you were siao xing :) Would you like to share with us, where you are from? ^^ Also, which was first CD you bought from Tiger(Anson)?

@bmaster-DeniseJF: I'm from Indonesia^^, and my first CD I bought from Anson is "Anson Hu MV Full Record DVD" (it's not CD actually it's a DVD =P)..this one I got when I went to Guangzhou, in Indonesia it's not easy found his CD (quite hard I think), so I download it, and for his new album (grow) I just request my sister to buy it for me =P because she's in Nanjing now..I hope she can get it for me hehe =P

Hi Cindy: Best wishes to you in Indonesia! I am happy to hear that you will be supporting Anson by buying his album!! You're a real fan! Also, with Anson's music, it's best to listen to the CD because the sound quality is the best!! His new album isn't officially released it, it will be in a few days. It was first released in Taiwan first..then China :P Hope you'll be able to get it!!!~~ By the way, I think I noticed you on the Anson fb fan page, is it you???

bmaster-DeniseJF: Yes that's me^^ I found this blog from FB too =P you noticed me wkwkk(*^--^*)happy~
oh so the CD isn't officially released, ok I will wait then..and tell my sister too, I hope I can get it!! ^^ I think it's worthed to have Anson CD as collection =P he's one of mainland singer, that have a good voice & music..I can enjoy it so much^^

Post a Comment

I love comments - it encourages me! Please write something...